By visiting and / or using the Website, initiating a transaction, or by clicking the acceptance box upon signing up for an account, you agree to be bound by the terms of the present agreement, the TOU, without any reservations, modifications, additions or deletions. If you do not agree to all the provisions contained in the TOU, you are not authorized to use the Website. The TOU are a legal and binding agreement between you and us.
The Website is owned and operated by Corl Financial Technologies Inc. (the Company, or "Corl"), a corporation located at 375-4000 rue Saint-Ambroise, Montreal, QC H4C 2C7. Where the present TOU refers to "Corl", it may refer to Corl Financial Technologies Inc. and / or its officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives, depending on the context. Any reference to "we", "our", or "us" in these TOU, shall also refer to Corl.
In these TOU, a Website visitor or user, or the Legal Entity they represent (depending on the context), may be referred to as "you" or "your". When a Website user has created an account and is logged in to the Services, they may be referred to as a "Logged-in User".
Corl reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to modify or replace any of the TOU. Any changes to the TOU can be found at this URL. It is your responsibility to check the TOU periodically for changes. Your use of the Website following the posting of any changes to the TOU constitutes acceptance of those changes. If we make any substantial changes to the TOU that materially affect your legal relationship with Corl, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by posting a prominent notice when you log in to your account for the first time following those changes.
If you have any questions about the TOU, please contact:
Corl Legal Services
Corl Legal Services
4000 rue Saint-Ambroise, Suite 375
Montreal, QC H4C 2C7
2. Limitation of Use.
This Website and all its contents are intended solely for your use alone. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create, work from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the content design, source code, software, photos, images and other information from this Website. The content on this Website may be used only as a resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance of the content on this Website is strictly prohibited. We reserve all intellectual property rights in all text, programs, products, processes, technology, content and other materials which appear on this Website. Access to this Website does not confer, nor shall such access be considered as conferring, upon anyone any license under any of these intellectual property rights. Access to this Website does not authorize anyone to use any of the Company’s name, logo, mark or any other intellectual property in any manner, except if prior written approval is obtained.
We reserve the right, in our discretion and without notice to you, to limit investment quantities, to limit investor accounts, refuse orders, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders as set forth in the Revenue-Sharing Agreement or the Investor Agreement, whichever is applicable to you, if we believe that your conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to our interests.
Use of the Website and the Services is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, minors may not use the Services. Every person that uses the Services represents and warrants to us that he or she is not a minor and that he or she has the capacity to enter into a binding contract. If the Services are being obtained for a business purpose, every person or entity that uses the Services represents and warrants to us that you are the authorized representative of the business with full authority to enter into a binding agreement on behalf of the business. To register, you must provide your real name, address, phone number and e-mail address, along with other information that may be required from time to time. For business purpose users, you must provide your real name, title, business address, business phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address along with other information that may be required from time to time.
4. Patent Information.
The Company’s algorithm, methods, and technologies embedded in this Website are already covered by patents or are patent pending.
This Website may contain hyperlinks, which will take you out of the Company’s Website and connect you to third party sites. The Company is providing these hyperlinks to you only as a convenience. The inclusion of any hyperlink does not imply endorsement by us of the sites. These sites are not under our control and by accessing them; you do so at your own risk.
6. No Warranties.
The Website and the services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Your use of and reliance thereon are at your own and sole risk. We make no other representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied on the Website and the Services, including without limitation:
- That the Website or the Services will meet your requirements, will always be available, accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure or operate without error; and
- Any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage of trade.
To the full extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all such warranties. No advice or information, whether oral or written, which you obtain from us or through the use of Services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement.
7. Limitation of Liability.
In no event shall the Company, its officers, directors, agents or mandataries, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, successors, assigns, content providers or service providers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Website or with the delay or inability to use this Website, or for any information, products and services obtained through this Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this Website, whether based on contract, tort, fault, strict liability or otherwise and whether or not arising from the negligence of the Company.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys' fees) arising from or in connection with (a) your breach of this Agreement, as amended from time to time; (b) your violation of any state, provincial, federal, foreign or international laws, codes or regulations; and/or (c) your violation of any third party's rights, including, but not limited to, infringement of any copyright, violation of any proprietary right and invasion of any privacy rights. This obligation will survive the termination of this Agreement.
9. Monitoring of the Site.
We have no duty to monitor the Website; however, you understand and agree that we have the right to monitor the Website electronically when we see fit and to reveal any information you provide as required or appropriate to comply with any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Website, or to shield ourselves or other users of the Website.
If any provision in this TOU shall be considered, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision and conditions shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
We, in our sole discretion, unless otherwise prohibited by law, may terminate or modify this TOU, access to the Website or the Services, or any current transaction at any time without notice for any reason.
12. Submissions to the Website.
13. Additional Terms.
Portions of the Website may impose, or require your agreement to, additional terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict between this TOU and those additional terms and conditions, the additional terms and conditions will have precedence over the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
14. Governing Law.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada (unless this choice of law is not permitted under the laws of the Jurisdiction in which you reside, in which case the laws of the Jurisdiction in which you reside will govern this Agreement).
The parties hereby confirm their express wish that the present Agreement and all documents and agreements directly and indirectly related thereto, including notices, be drawn up in English. Les parties reconnaissent leur volonté expresse que la présente convention ainsi que tous les documents et conventions qui s’y rattachent directement ou indirectement, y compris les avis, soient rédigés en langue anglaise.
The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision in that or any other instance. If any provision of these TOU is held invalid, the remainder of these TOU shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of these TOU shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these TOU and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
17. Flinks API
Your use of bank account verification enabled by Flinks API (“Flinks Service”) from within the Business Platform is subject to the following terms.
- Proprietary Rights. You are permitted to use information, data or other materials delivered to you through the Flinks Service only with the Business Platform. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from this information, data, or other materials. Further, you agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the Flinks Service technology.
- Content You Provide. You are licensing to the Company and Flinks Technology, Inc. (“Flinks”), any data, passwords, or other information (collectively, “Content”) you provide through or to the Flinks Service. The Company and Flinks may use, modify, display, distribute and create new material using such Content only to provide the Flinks Service to you. By submitting Content, you automatically agree, or promise that the owner of such Content has expressly agreed that, without any particular time limit, and without the payment of any fees, the Company and Flinks may use the Content for the purposes set out above.
- Third Party Accounts. By using the Business Platform and the Flinks Service, you authorize the Company and Flinks to access third party sites designated by you, on your behalf, to retrieve information requested by you, and to register for accounts requested by you. For all purposes hereof, you hereby grant the Company and Flinks a limited power of attorney, and you hereby appoint the Company and Flinks as your true and lawful attorney-in-fact and agent, with full power of substitution and resubstitution, for you and in your name, place and stead, in any and all capacities, to access third party Internet sites, servers or documents, retrieve information, and use your information, all as described above, with the full power and authority to do and perform each and every act and thing requisite and necessary to be done in connection with such activities, as fully to all intents and purposes as you might or could do in person, only as required to provide you the Flinks Service. You acknowledge and agree that when the Company or Flinks accesses and retrieves information from third party sites, the Company and Flinks are acting as your agent, and not the agent or on behalf of the third party. You agree that third party account providers shall be entitled to rely on the foregoing authorization, agency, and power of attorney granted by You. You understand and agree that the Flinks Service is not endorsed or sponsored by any third party account providers accessible through the Flinks Service.
- Disclaimer of warranties. You expressly understand and
(a) Your use of the Flinks Service and all information, products and other content (including that of third parties) included in or accessible from the Flinks Service is at your sole risk. The Flinks Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The Company and Flinks expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind as to the Flinks Service and all information, products and other content (including that of third parties) included in or accessible from the Flinks Service, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
(b) The Company and Flinks make no warranty that (i) the Flinks Service will meet your requirements, (ii) the Flinks Service will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free, (iii) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Flinks Service will meet your expectations, or (iv) any errors in the technology will be corrected.
(c) Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Flinks Service is done at your own discretion and risk and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from The Company or Flinks through or from the Flinks Service will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms.
- Limitation of liability. You agree that neither the
Company or Flinks nor
any of their affiliates, account providers or any of their affiliates
will be liable for any
harms, which lawyers and courts often call direct, indirect, incidental,
consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to,
damages for loss of
profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if the
Company or Flinks has
been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from:
(a) the use or the inability to use the Flinks Service; (b) the cost of getting substitute goods and services, (c) any products, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the Flinks Service ; (d) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (e) statements or conduct of anyone on the Flinks Service ; (f) the use, inability to use, unauthorized use, performance or non-performance of any third party account provider site, even if the provider has been advised previously of the possibility of such damages; or (g) any other matter relating to the Flinks Service.
- Indemnification. You agree to protect and fully compensate the Company and Flinks and their affiliates from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys/legal fees) caused by or arising from your use of the Flinks Service, your violation of these terms or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.
- Flinks. You agree that Flinks is a third party beneficiary of the above provisions, with all rights to enforce such provisions as if Flinks were a party to this Agreement.
18. Future Electronic Messages
The Company would like your express consent to send you future electronic messages (Email) to the email address you provided regarding our products and services. By becoming a user, you agree to receive emails from the Company relating to activities and products provided by Corl. Your consent will remain valid unless withdrawn and may be shared with third parties. Once you receive electronic messages from the Company, you will have the ability to easily and permanently unsubscribe from further electronic messages. The Company does not sell or share your information. If you have any questions regarding the Company electronic messaging policy, you may contact us at www.corl.io/contact.